Parenting Class in Tucson

Gifts of Securities (Stocks/ Bonds/ Mutual Funds…)

Please use the following information to transfer your Gift of Stock to Parent Aid:

Parent Aid c/o Waddell & Reed

Chad M. Winn, CRPC

Financial Advisor Waddell & Reed, Inc.

4703 East Camp Lowell, Suite 135 Tucson, AZ 85712

Office: 520-903-6807

Mobile: 520-240-4848


Parent Aid Federal Tax ID 74-2591577

DTC Participant #: 0443

Parent Aid Account #: HW1-622309

Thank you for your donation. Parent Aid Child Abuse Prevention Center is a mission-driven nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing child abuse by strengthening families and our community.

Parent Aid accepts transfers of stock through our account with Waddell & Reed. The gift must be made in the name of Parent Aid. Stock must be transferred via the DTC method.

Gifts of stock will be recorded on the day the stock is received in our brokerage account, at the median market value on that day. You will receive a written acknowledgment to confirm receipt of your gift.

So that we are aware of your gift, please notify Parent Aid of your intent to transfer stock by completing the Notification of Stock Parent Aid and email or mail it to:

Allan Stockellburg

Executive Director

Parent Aid

2580 East 22nd Street Tucson, AZ  85713


Thank you for considering this important way to support Parent Aid!

Please consult with your tax advisors to determine how, specifically, the charitable deduction will work for your unique tax situation.

Giving Stock – FAQ

Q: What are the benefits of giving stock?

A: You receive gift credit and, depending on your specific tax situation, you may receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.  You pay no capital gains tax on the securities you donate.

Q: Securities fluctuate in price.  How will my stocks be valued?

A: We will issue an acknowledgement letter indicating the high and low prices for the security on the date of its transfer to us. Your tax advisor will use this information to determine the value of the donation.

If the stock you donate is held by your broker, the gift date is the day the stock reaches our account.

Q: Is it difficult to transfer securities?

A: Not at all, and we can help you through every step of the process.

Q: Shouldn’t I just sell the stock first and contribute the proceeds to Parent Aid?

A: Even though you will receive a deduction, you will pay capital gains tax on the sale, eliminating a key tax benefit of your gift.

Q: Can I contribute securities that have declined in value?

A: The fair-market value deduction rule works against you: if you bought the securities for $50,000 and it’s now worth $30,000, your charitable deduction will be limited to $30,000. You won’t be able to claim a capital loss by making the transfer to us, either. Instead, you are better off to sell the depreciated stock, claim the resulting tax loss as a deduction, then make a deductible cash gift to Parent Aid with the proceeds of that sale.